Sunday, April 3, 2016

Entry #2 Pass the Tequila

Mexican liquor

Did you know that Tequila is actually the name of a city in Mexico? It is in the same state I was born in (Jalisco, Mexico) Just North-West of Guadalajara. In order to produce liquor and have it called "Tequila" it has to be made in the city of Tequila. I got really curious as I walked by a bottle of "Patron" at Fry's (I was buying "milk" hahaha No but seriously, I was buying a gallon of milk) I asked myself how it was made and discovered? So I did what anyone would do. I got on my iPhone and researched. Now I feel like a Tequila expert and let me tell you.


Tequila what?


I found this cool web site that talks about the discovery of Tequila (which is in Spanish, but thankfully you have me to summarize it! ). Legends say on a stormy day, the indigenous of Jalisco were hiding in a cave, when they saw lightning hit an agave plant. Once the storm was over the indigenous people went over to see the stemmed agave plant and tried some of the liquid that was spilling out. They seem to like it and took some back to their people. One of the indigenous forgot about their drink for a few days and when he finally drank the liquid; his personality changed (the Indigenous got drunk). So the indigenous believed that the drink was a gift from god.

How is it made?

This entry is getting pre-t-t-y long so instead of me talking about the way Tequila is made I found this video. You can thank me later, it's quite interesting!




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not really care much of Tequila, considering that I do not drink, but the story behind it is so interesting! One of the things that I like about it is the fact that the pineapple is totally re usable for other products. At least now I know about the origin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Addy--Your blog is coming along nicely so far. You have some good ideas and interesting topics for discussion. Keep digging into analysis and development to create more significance and discussion. Don't be too brief. Good visual appeal and comfortable voice.

    ReplyDelete