Thursday, May 12, 2016

Entry 11 Simply the end

Can you smell that? That's the smell of summer!! Finally done with this semester and I couldn't be happier. This semester has been an emotional rollercoter, I've been stressed, I've cried, I've laughed, but best of all I have learned and encounter new experiences. One of them is my blogging Journey.
When I first started my blog, I was really nervous because I didn't know what to write about. It also made me a little uncomfortable knowing that my blogs were there for anyone to see. At the same time I liked that I was getting out of my comfortable zone "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor"  right?

Yes, yes that's me on the left, my nephews, and my sister a few summers back.


So allow me to share some of the good stuff I have learned with my blogging journey and maybe this can help you start your own. It is important to keep your audience in mind this well help you set your tone and remember to always be true to yourself. Don't try to make yourself seem like someone you're not. That's not cool. Let your personality shine through your writing. I know this can be hard at first because it's human nature to want to be liked and accepted by others, but once you realize that regardless of that you do, not everyone is going to like you. You start to grow as a person, the only person you should be worried about if they like you, or not should be yourself.


I also learned the importance to set up a background to your audience. By doing so it gives the reader the reason for your entry and helps them make a connection and maybe relate to your subject. This goes in hand with the way you sign off . Just like  in the begging you give your audience background information, it is important to  end your blog with a final thought or closure so the reader doesn't feel like you left your blog half way done.

In addition, I also learned the importance of having good grammar. This was the hardest part for myself since I am not the best of spellers. To help me out I found this really cool website called PaperRater, which helped me look for spelling errors, word choice, and grammar. I feel like I have improved a lot with my grammar thought my blogs and hopefully you have noticed that as well.

Last but not least, I also learned the importance of visual aid. Visuals include links, images, videos, text, and even organization. The thing I enjoyed the best was looking for photos because it gave me time to look through old memories and helped me keep you entertained as well.


So my friend, it has come to the end and it's time for me to say my goodbyes and relax until summer classes start... I'm pretty excited for it actually,  I love learning. I hope you enjoyed my blogging  and hopefully I was able to motivate you in some type of way. So I'll leave you with this quote by Mahatma Gandhi "live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever".
 Peace  -Areli Hinojosa



1 comment: