Sunday, May 1, 2016

Entry #8 kitty from hell?


Back in high school, I used to like hello kitty a lot and I low key still do. I just pretend not to care about her as much, but she's still cute.. in my eyes. When I turned 18 I remember being extremely sad because I was now an adult and basically I could get in "real" trouble now. So I got most of my hello kitty things and gave them away (except a 3 that meant a lot to me). So today as I cleaned my room, I looked at my stuffed animals and thought to myself " why doesn't hello kitty have a mouth ?" So I took my time to look it up and share what I found with you!


According to a legend,  a Chinese lady had  a daughter that had mouth cancer and doctors had given up hope for her. As a mother the Chinese lady looked for other ways to help her daughter and after prayer didn't work she begging to do satanic rituals.

The Chinese lady made a pact with the Devil in order for him to remove the cancer from her daughter's mouth. In return, she had to create a cartoon that kids would love, to trick them into worshiping him.

Which she did:
The Chinese lady made up with Hello kitty which means hello demon (kitty means demon in Chinese).
Hello kitty's ears represent horns, that why they are pointy..
She has no mouth to represent the  daughters mouth cancer.



It is said, that the daughter later on died of another type of cancer. In other words you can't cheat death.

The good news is, it's just a myth.
If you guys would like to read more you can check it out here.



No comments:

Post a Comment